So it's not quite my one year blogiversary, but it is my 100th post, and I think that's something to celebrate! I thought long and hard about what I wanted this post to look like. I knew I wanted it to be something special. A bit out of the ordinary for me. And here's what I came up with...Twenty things you don't know about me! You ready?
1. One of my biggest fears in life was that I would have all boys. I made a deal with God that if he gave me a daughter first, He could give me boys the rest of the way. We shall see....and turns out, boys are not anything (so far) like I feared. Brother is waaay more laid back than his emotional sister.
2. I loved teaching, but if I ever have to work again someday, I would like to try something new. I've really come in to my own the last few years, finding out lots about myself and what brings me joy and excitement.
3. The only pop I drink, and even like really, is Cherry Coke.
4. I have a scar on my chin from an incident as a small child, which involved an unopened bottle of beer that I was playing with when it exploded. I'm sure that was one of my parents finer moments in their child rearing days.
5. I sucked my thumb until I was twelve. And I didn't even need braces. I swear.
6. I lived in Germany as a baby. I have no recollection of it whatsoever, only pictures to prove it.
7. Besides that brief stint in Germany, I have lived in Minnesota my whole life.
8. Nick and I dated long distance for the first year of our relationship. Like Iraq to Minnesota long distance. So glad those days are behind us.
9. I hate wearing jeans. I only do so when I leave the house and want to look presentable. The first thing I do upon my return is change out of them.
10. I am slightly OCD, self-diagnosed.
11. I like to organize. Hate to clean.
12. I look forward to garage sale season all year long.
13. When I am pregnant, I lie to people (family included) about my baby's name. I don't want to hear their thoughts or opinions on our name choices. Sorry, but that's just how it's gonna be.
14. I love cemeteries and find them oddly peaceful. I found Brother's name on a headstone in the cemetery behind my house. There's a bit of a personal back story there, but when I saw it, it hit me and I knew I wanted that to be his name.
15. I am terrified of losing my photos. I store them on an external hard drive, copy them to a cd, and print my favs before I will delete them from my camera. See #10.
16. I have a half sister who is five weeks younger than my daughter.
17. I have never touched a worm, frog, or anything slimy.
18. I like to fish, but needless to say I've never baited my own hook or removed my own fish. Ha.
19. I'm a good baker. Not so much a great cook.
20. I don't know exactly how many children I would like to have, but I know deep in my heart I am definitely not done yet.
Alright, now it's your turn! Leave me a comment telling me something that I don't already know about you...and have a chance to win this!
This sweet Inspire pendant necklace was made by my friend Becky, over at Farmgirl Paints. I fought starting this blog for a long time, but she's ultimately the one who inspired me to just go for it. So glad I did. Seems entirely appropriate, wouldn't you say? I sure think so.
Again, leave me a message here on my blog for a chance to win. Comments on Facebook are always fun to read, but do not count towards this giveaway. I know there are many of you out there reading this, some I know and some I don't. So this is your chance to make yourself known!
Winner will be announced on Monday.
Thanks for following along on this journey that is my life, and here's to many, many more blog posts and memories captured for my littles!
* Black and white photos taken by my dear friend Jen, of Jennifer Bahn Photography.
*Inspire pendant photo taken by Becky Strahle.