Monday, January 30, 2012

CHANGES.

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. And it's not that the creative juices haven't been flowing. In fact, it's the exact opposite. I've been focusing on a few other things the past week or so, and its been fun. I have some exciting news to share, but not just yet. Nick is helping me work out some details and fine tuning, but then I swear, you'll be the first to know.

One thing I can tell you is that I've made the switch from shooting AV to MANUAL! I don't know what I've been so scared of all this time. It's super easy. And puts me in even more control of my photos, which I love. Next step? Editing. That's in the works too. I've had some super sweet photographers/friends share their knowledge with me, and I've been so grateful. As if I didn't take a gazillion pictures of my kids before, I will now. Except they'll be even better. Awesome.



***

We finally took the plunge and are adding a shower to our upstairs bathroom. Yes, that's right, for the last ninety five years there has only been a claw foot tub upstairs, and a lone shower down in the cold basement. It's just become one of those things that we got used to, doesn't faze us much anymore. Except that its freezing downstairs, so hot, hot showers are a must. The family that we bought this house from lived here for twenty seven years, and had five kids. Three of which were girls. I don't know how they managed to bathe/shower seven people everyday. But anyways, yes, this shower, it's gonna be grand.

One thing that's for sure is that there is no wasted space in our house. There are nooks and crannies and closets everywhere. This is the closet that is off the bathroom. Used primarily as a catch all and necessary storage.

We cleaned it out and it looked like this.


I love this picture. My little ballerina girl twirling around before dance class that morning. Seeing that empty space actually made me really sad. Kinda like someone sucker punched me in the gut. Because it reminded me that there will be a day when we leave this house. When the walls and floors will be bare. I love this house so much. It has been so good to us. I have deeply rooted myself here, and this house is a part of who I am. But we came in here knowing it was a stepping stone, that our real dreams were awaiting elsewhere. That day could come very soon, or it could be many more years down the road. We know that when the time is right, our forever home will find us, and well, we'll be called to go.

Regaining composure...Any who, that room now looks like this.

With plans to soon look like this.


That's one heck of a shower. But come on, six years of showering in the basement. We deserve this.

***

There's not much rhyme or reason to the next photos to come, so I'm just gonna dump 'em, Snippet style.

Awesome hair.

Love him.

Sink baths are back in style as the work goes on upstairs.

Nugget. Excuse me, Ariel. The mermaid love continues.

Library.
Too hungry to wait for lunch.

Nugget and her bff, Avery. Whoops, I mean Ariel and Sleeping Beauty.
For the love of reading. One of life's greatest gifts.

We keep missing our opportunity to go out and make a snowman. This is what you get when you don't jump on the snowfall.
Pathetic? Yes. Awesome to a three year old? Indeed. All that matters.
***
Happy Monday, friends.



5 comments:

  1. welcome to the wide, wide world of manual!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pictures are always great. Now they are gonna be amazing. Still can't believe you don't edit. Wowza..and that shower...holy cow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to learn new things! That bathroom is gonna be AWESOME! Excited to hear your news, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snowman is fantastic...wish we would get even that much snow...my kids would be in awe! Oh, how I miss the days when my kidnicks could fit in the sink, let alone be given sink baths...they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may need to give me more camera lessons! Interested to hear about your editing...I know nothing! That is going to be one amazing shower- you may not want to ever leave it!!

    ReplyDelete