Thursday, January 19, 2012

ELEVEN MONTHS.

How did we get here so fast? It is really starting to sink in that my baby will turn one in just a few short weeks. Wow. I remember with Nugget I was so sad at how quickly she was growing and changing. I was excited for each new milestone, but also saddened that is was all happening so fast. For whatever reason, it's been different with Brother. It's true I can't believe he is almost one....I can relive his birth day in my mind like it was yesterday. But I'm also really happy he is growing, changing, and learning new things every day. And I'm here to see every second of it. I think that's the kicker. After Nugget was born, I went back to teaching. I battled myself everyday to find the balance between being a mom and a teacher. I never did find that balance. So now I'm just a Mama. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


Here's what's new with Mister Happy at 11 months:

*He signs for 'eat'. Except he forgets the whole hand gesture part and just clicks his tongue. We get it. That's the whole point of it, right, that he can communicate with us?

*Says Mama and Dada, and lots of other various screams and noises to let us know what he wants.

*LOVES to read. Several times a day he will crawl over to one of our baskets and pull out all the books one by one, look at them and turn the pages. He especially likes the touch-and-feel variety and ones that play music. His current favs are Welcome Winter and Baby Beluga.

*He is walking with the help of Mama/Dada and anything he can push around, like a chair or step stool.

*He has just started pointing to things within the last day or two.

*Gives Mama eskimo kisses. Except it's more like banging his forehead against mine while he shakes his head back and forth. But I love it.

*Tooth #8 is making the slightest appearance on the bottom right.

*Some of his favorite activities are eating (seriously, the kid can pack it away), taking a bath, brushing his teeth, chewing on Mama's wallet, taking all the letter and animal magnets off the fridge, climbing on things, banging blocks together, and playing with Sissy.

*He has been a great sleeper lately. He takes a morning and afternoon nap, both anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 hours, and sleeps a solid 12 hours at night. Wish I could say I was sleeping great too, but now I find myself staying up even later to take full advantage of the down time.

*Nursing is still going strong, although he definitely nurses better first thing in the morning and again before bed. Daytime feedings are hit or miss, it depends on how distracted he is. I will obviously continue until he is one, and then we'll just see how it goes from there. I'm hoping he'll just sort of wean himself. I'm a little anxious to reclaim my boobies, but I also really cherish that time with him so I'm sure I will be a little sad when it ends. We shall see. Made it to 14 months with Nugget.

*He's digging his new big boy car seat, although I miss the whole 'Who cares if he falls asleep in the car' thing. That, and now having to dress him in a jacket every time we leave the house. Those car seat covers are so slick. Guess I'll just have to deal.



Hard to believe I'll be back here in no time posting about his big celebration. But it makes me happy too. He is such a joy in our lives; I can't even remember the days without him. We hoped for him, prayed for him, yearned for him. He's been nothing but a blessing. Love.

3 comments:

  1. He is such a handsome little guy!!! Crazy how big he is getting- what a fun little personality, it seems like he is always happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you have something very special for him planned! Can't wait to see that celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is such a cutie patootie! i'm so glad you get to be home with them all day, not missing any special moments!!!

    ReplyDelete