Wednesday, October 26, 2011

SPECIAL DATE.

We've been looking forward to this all week. One-on-one time with my girl is hard to come by these days, and I must admit, it makes me feel really guilty. I mean, she had me all to herself for two and half years, then wham, just like that those precious moments were replaced with lots of just a minutes, hold ons, and I'll be there when I cans. I know that the gift of siblings is one of the best things I can give her, but I still want her to feel special, know that she is important, and see just how very much I love her and enjoy her company. So when an opportunity presents itself, we jump all over it.


I know I've said it before, but like a broken record, I'll say it again. I love living in a small town. If you would have asked me that six years ago you would have gotten a dramatically different response, and an ear full of reasons why (mainly there is NO Target! How does one survive? Seriously, Target trips are planned out and eagerly anticipated!). But now that I'm a Mama, I can't even imagine raising my kids in a big city. Yes, there are many conveniences that I sometimes secretly wish for, but in my heart I just know that this is where we are meant to be. Once I established myself here, met friends and made myself known, this place truly became my forever home. And I'm so glad it's her home. And I hope and pray that when she is grown, she will choose to live here and raise her own family here as well.

Ok, getting back on track....reason #386 why I love living in a small town? Community events. And no, I really don't have 385 previously stated reasons, but maybe I should try to make such a list someday. One of the local preschools hosted a Halloween craft night, and invited all preschool aged children in the community. Of course not all came, but it's just down the road from our house so we signed on up!

Yes, it is cold outside, but it seems silly and wasteful to drive two blocks down the road.
Sister thought is was awesome to walk in the dark.


She's happiest when she's creating.





Words can't even describe how much I loved tonight, having an opportunity to focus on just her. No just a minutes, hold ons, or I'll be there when I cans. Tonight all those were replaced with 'Sure, let's do it!' And judging by her wide eyes and happy smiles, I know that she felt special, knew she was important, and saw just how very much I love her and enjoy her company.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help but grin when I saw that owl tie-blanket Nugget is snuggled in while in the stroller. I have the same blanket I made over 2 years ago just used it the other day! I thought that exact purple went well with it, too! :) How neat. So glad you got some girl time with your cutie!

    ReplyDelete