Monday, October 17, 2011

EIGHT MONTHS.


I know I say it every month, but really, Where does the time go? I still think of my little man being only six months old, then I have to stop and think Wait, he's seven months. Oh my gosh, no EIGHT! He is just cruising right along to that magical first birthday, which yes, I have already started planning for. I came across his ultrasound pictures last night while cleaning out some things, and it was interesting to think that when I saw those images for the first time, I had no idea who this little fella was going to be, what he was going to look like, and how he would change my life. He is such a little honey and I wouldn't trade him for the world. Along the same thoughts, I was reflecting also on how much Nugget loves her brother, and how those two can really get each other going, laughing and being silly. And I wondered, Does she remember life before him? Does she remember when she had us all to herself? Either way, I don't think she'd trade him for the world either. Those two have a special bond, and they're going to grow to be great friends. I just know (and hope) it!

Look Dad! I can almost touch my hands over my head!

*an inside note on that, Nick thinks it's hilarious that babies arms are too short to touch over their heads. Dinosaur arms, as we like to call them. Not for long though Daddy, this one's growing!
Here's where eight months have brought us:

*Little man is CRAWLING! Living life in the fast lane. Ha. Actually, he's quite cautious and has stayed pretty close for the first few weeks of learning this skill. I don't think he even ventured off his blanket that we spread out for him. But the last week or so he's getting more confident, and will come after me if I'm in the office or kitchen.

*He's starting to pull himself up, but only to his knees. Those little legs will be stronger in no time, then we better watch out!


*Has two more teeth, bringing him to a total of four. And I think another one is working it's way in too. He has two on the top and two on the bottom.

*Drools all the time. Probably has something to do with all those choppers!

*Makes his ooh face when he's excited, which is pretty much all the time, and says 'ooh' over and over, often simultaneously while flapping his arms and legs.

Love the drool on his chin.


*Has tons of hair! It has been one of those things that I hadn't really thought much about, being as i'm with him all the time and the change was gradual for me. But people have been commenting on it like crazy, so yes, looking back, his hair has grown quite a bit. I was actually thisclose to getting it trimmed up a tad (over the ears and in the front) the other day, but then chickened out. I'm not ready for that yet!

*The trip to Utah, learning to crawl, and teething has thrown off his sleep schedule a bit. Some nights are better than others, but for the most part he's a good sleeper. A light one, but good. He's still taking three naps a day, and sleeping for the night from about 6:30pm to 5:30am, give or take.

*Weighs 16 pounds and some odd ounces. He was weighed when I had him in to see the doctor last week, but I wasn't thinking about that really at the time, so I didn't get an exact number.

He's a sweet and snugly little bug and we just love him to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment