Thursday, October 27, 2011

BORN WITH IT.

Today was a big day for us. Both of my kids had their first haircuts. We've put Nugget's off for a looong time, although it's needed a good trim for a looong time. It just seemed like the longer we waited, the harder it was to cut the cord and do it. Nick likes to call her Earth Mama, and it sort of became an unspoken contest to see just how long we could wait it out. I knew the time was nearing, as Brother's hair was just about in his eyes and I knew he wouldn't be able to hold out much longer either. I actually lined up cuts for both of them with my friend Micki a few weeks ago, but then chickened out and cancelled. But I ran in to her at the grocery store yesterday, and she said she had some free time today if I wanted mine colored before we leave for Florida, which I was all about. Then I figured I might as well do the kids now too, since she was already coming over. So, with a giant leap of faith, we proceeded. And now that that's out of the way, look how cute and grown up they look!

Brother went first....and wasn't afraid in the least.

Before.

During.




and After.

Can we just say HANDSOME? Seriously, how cute is this little man? He looks so much older already. I know his haircut was pretty necessary, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a little sad that the hair he was born with is gone. When I nursed him to sleep for his nap today, it was weird to run my hands through his hair and have it be gone. And I miss the little flipped out curls over his ears too...but it will all grow back. Right? Please tell me it will grow back!

And now for Nugget's turn...

Before.
Like she's Cousin It or something, I only took a before picture from behind, because that was the area needing attention. It was very scraggly and stringy towards the bottom.

During.


This is where I almost cried. Talk about being born with this hair...sister's had this hair for 3 years and 2 months. I have touched it, washed it, brushed it and braided it too many times to count. This was the first little spout of hair that I scooped up into the most adorable pony tail atop her head, and squeezed into the two tiniest pigtails ever. Micki was going to straighten it first to ensure an even cut, but I asked her not too, because I wanted to save those precious baby locks just as they were.


and After.


Of course I couldn't let this milestone pass without saving the locks for their baby books...

Nugget's is the blond, Brother's is the brown.

The kids did awesome, and just to toot my own horn, Micki said Brother was the easiest first hair cut she's ever given to a baby. Awww. We just love her. She's been doing my hair for about five years now. After I went to her the first time back when she worked at Cole's, I came home happy and pleased, which never happens. Cutting my hair always seems to be a traumatic experience. But Micki gets me and my thick, wavy hair. When I came home after that first hair cut, Nick said 'You're not crying. I don't care what she costs, you'll never go to anyone else!' So true. And I am so happy for Micki that she is FINALLY opening her own salon in her home! Yay! I know she's gonna do great and be so successful. If you're in my area and want her info, let me know.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? Little miss had never had a cut? Wow:) They were so cute. Your little man looks so grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a little man- a super adorable one!

    ReplyDelete