Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'M A NUT.

Nugget has this little song about an acorn that she sings from school. It's quite cute, and catchy. I have caught myself and Nick singing it on several occasions, to no one in particular. Ha. Just kidding. We do sing it, but usually to our kids. It goes like this:

I'm an acorn, small and round,
Lying on the cold, cold ground.
People always step on me,
that is why I'm cracked you see.
I'm a nut (click, click)
I'm a nut (click, click)
I'm a nut, I'm a nut, I'm a nut (click, click).

*On the 'click', you click your tongue.
** And if you want some added cuteness, you sing the second line 'coco crown' like our little Nugget does.

Anyhow, I saw this idea in Family Fun (Seriously, what would I do without that magazine?!) and knew we had to make it.



For a tasty little acorn snack, you need pretzel sticks (broken in thirds) mini nilla wafers, Hershey kisses, and chocolate frosting.


It's pretty self explanatory from there...assemble the pieces together using the frosting as your glue.


Quick and easy, and great for little helping hands. And yummy too.


Enjoy!

1 comment: