Thursday, May 24, 2012

STEPPING STONES.

Last week Nugget had her last ever ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) class. I cannot believe her first 'school' journey has come to an end. We attended our first Mommy and Me class together when she was just four weeks old, and we haven't missed a single session since. We anticipate our weekly classes, and Nugget is always excited to see Miss Britt and all her friends. Since I am home with my kids all the time, this is a time for Nugget to develop friendships on her own, and work on separating from me during the parent education time. It hasn't always been easy for her, but through it all she (and I) have learned and grown tremendously.

Circle time with Miss Britt.

It has been such a positive experience in both of our lives, and honestly, I wish we could continue going forever, like until she's 18. Seriously! There's still so much I need to know for down the road. I know the closing of this chapter is a stepping stone to bigger things, but I love our little net of ECFE, the one that feels like family. We are all working together for the common good of our children, and striving to be the best parents we can be.


The art table is one of her favorite areas.

I don't think Nugget fully understands that she has aged out of her beloved school, but she does get that she's going to preschool 'after summer' and she's pretty stoked about that. Her ECFE buddy, Mac, will be in her class, and I'm hoping a familiar face will make the transition just a teensy bit smoother.

Her other favorite, playing in the kitchen.

I must say that the promise of starting the cycle all over again with Brother softened the blow a wee bit for me last week, and because of that I was able to hold myself together on the last day. After all, Nugget didn't need me bringing her down on her beach party day!

'Peek Into Preschool' group, Winter 2012.
Back L to R: Miss Britt, Carolyn, Caroline, Walker, Hunter,Charlie, Sky
Front L to R: Aedan, Giovanni, Kate, Lilian, Nugget, Maddie, Mac

These are our awesome teachers, Parent Educator Miss Mary, and Early Childhood teacher Miss Britt. And Dora.


And while Nugget and I are enjoying our time together, Brother is just down the hall in the sibling care room with Miss Pam, whom he just adores. It's a pretty awesome feeling when your child is comfortable with his care giver and runs right in to her arms, all ready to play!


There are so many amazing people who work hard to make ECFE fantastic, so we always make sure to remember them with a special little gift and Christmas time and the end of the year. But because there are so many of them, we usually opt to gift something homemade (aka inexpensive), and they are always so appreciative. This year we made lemon hand scrub for everyone, and Nugget thoughtfully picked out a special nail polish to accompany each one. Who wouldn't love a little at home mani/pedi to get ready for summer?

Recipe here.

So yes, sadly, Nugget's time in ECFE has come to an end. We are so grateful and appreciative for all that we have learned and experienced during our time there. It will always hold a special place in our hearts. We are ready for the next journey, ready to learn, make more new friends, ready for the next stepping stone of life.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad and excited you made the lemon scrub with the little tags! They look AMAZING!!! I"m so glad they turned out well and just super-excited you tried it! Seeing stuff like this is just awesome and exciting! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete