Sunday, December 18, 2011

SNIPPETS...WITH LOTS OF CHRISTMAS CHEER.

Lots of hustle and bustle going on around here lately. I can't believe Christmas is only one week away! My holiday spirit has come and gone in waves this year, perhaps it has something to do with the unusually warm weather here. When my holiday magic does return, I run full force with it and tackle everything I can before it fades away. Case in point? Today. I've been going like a mad woman all day today, and have gotten so much done! As always, one project leads to the next, which sparks another new idea, and pretty soon I am so far off my path but completely in love where I find myself that I just can't stop. There are going to be lots of lucky ladies blessed by me in the next week...that is if you consider getting homemade laundry soap and linen spray exciting. Which I do.

Without further ado, snippets of the last week or two...

Nugget has three different advent calendars going, but this one is my favorite. She has surprised me by remembering to do each one every day. I guess I can't blame her when candy, mostly in the form of chocolate, is involved.

Trying to bust some winter boredom, we set up this igloo tent that I used to have in my classroom. They LOVED it, to say the least. Look at Nugget's action shot, practically flying herself in there. So much fun!


This series of pictures makes me smile...Brother playing in the tunnel, doing his thing...


Ready to exit, leaving his beloved blankie behind...


But quickly realizes his mistake and comes back for it. Aww, for the love of a blankie.


Nugget and Daddy went to a special 'Tool Time' class at ECFE one evening , and came home with this little gem that they made together. Love its eyes! I think it's supposed to be used as a card holder, but it's currently in her bedroom serving as a crib for one of her babies.


We had some impromptu dinner guests from out of town, and it was oh so much fun. We got really fancy and served spaghetti. The kids made fast friends.

 Nugget is only a mere three days older than this little Kate. How fun!

It was the first time meeting each others babies, and I'd say Brother was all about making a new friend. Brother and Miles are six weeks apart or so.

 What? Don't you greet new friends with a kiss?

 How about a little face tapping. That will surely make you my friend.

Now that that's out of the way, lets play!

We're always on the lookout for fun snack ideas. This one is pudding in an ice cream cone topped with sprinkles. Fun...yes. Nutritious...no. Messy...absolutely. I think next time I'll use yogurt.


We picked up some special 3D Christmas glasses, and look what they do to our lights!


Making some festive art projects...

 

Babicka! (That's 'grandma' for all you non-Czech people)


Making Christmas cookies (peanut butter blossoms) with my girl. It was always my job when I was younger to unwrap all the Hershey kisses. Nugget was happy to take over my role.



Look, his hair is growing back! I missed this full head of hair.
Think I'm gonna keep it for a long while.

 
Just for some fun, we had a picnic dinner in the living room last night, followed by watching 'The Happy Elf' and eating candy cane ice cream for dessert. Once the kids were in bed, Nick and I watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.We definitely must repeat this soon, it was super fun!



Don't laugh...Nugget HATES to wear clothes. We practically have to force her to put on pants when we leave the house.
And socks? Forget about it.

And I'll leave you with this...my Christmas craftiness of today.



I was going to make these for gifts anyways, but thanks to Kelle Hampton, my wanna-be bff (that's in I want her to be my bff!) they are now way more festive and adorable. 

One more...the gifts in the making. Hmmm...I see Vodka, a baby bottle, essential oils...I assure you I was not drinking on the job, and definitely not putting any Vodka in Brother's bottles (which he doesn't even drink bottles). For reals. Just mixing some pillow spray. I swear.


Wow, dare I say it? I AM CAUGHT UP TO DATE WITH BLOGGING! I don't think that has happened since, well, never. It's liberating let me tell ya. I'm sure it won't take long for me to feel behind again, but for tonight, I'm gonna bask in its glory.

Happy week before Christmas to you! Hope it's a good one!

5 comments:

  1. i love how you can whip up an amazing craft in no time flat! wow - those rock!!! kelly hampton makes me want to go into major debt to buy a really nice camera. her pictures are awe-mazing.

    your nugget - she's a cute hoot! ha! her pony tail makes me so anxious for sage's hair to grow, grow, grow. and brother - he has more hair than sage. ha! not joking at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that on her blog and thought it looked really fun! Leave it to you to whip it up in no-time!!! Are you excited to do your laundry now?? :) I'd love to hear how it works for you.
    Shopping- Yes- I'll e-mail you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tunnel pics. I can say I knew you when...with that laundry soap;). See she copied YOU...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. christmas time is in full swing in your home! love all of the fun projects and little things you do with nugget and brother! :)

    ReplyDelete