Friday, December 9, 2011

DON'T BE FOOLED.

Don't let her looks fool you, she actually quite enjoyed her second visit to the dentist.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I opened a card from her dentist to find this picture inside. Hilarious.

She had her first visit to the dentist this past summer, but would hardly even open her mouth for them. She did however get to take a ride in the chair and see all the cool instruments they use, like the 'tooth tickler' and water squirter thing.

Knowing her second appointment was approaching, I brought her with me to my dentist appointment a few weeks ago so she could see that it was really no big deal. She thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and was actually a little excited for her own appointment this time around.

And it apparently did the trick, because she cooperated and let the hygienist brush, polish and floss her teeth. Granted I had to lay on the chair with her laying on top of me, clutching her beloved blankie, but I'm all for whatever it takes. It's a Mama's duty to do such things, and I was happy to comply.

She walked away loaded with goodies. Besides this awesome picture, she scored an Ariel toothbrush, bubblegum toothpaste, floss, chapstick, and a bracelet from the prize box.

And I have smiled every time this week when she wants to play dentist, using her goodies to give me a proper cleaning. She uses the precise words and actions she observed during her appointment...sister was taking notes.

Oh, and one last funny to share...there are little sequins on my shirt up by the shoulders, and every time I wear it, she calls them 'barnacles'. And I just smile cause I love that she knows what barnacles are. Even if they're really sequins.

1 comment:

  1. I love that the dentist sent you that picture!! Eli has an appt. on Tues. to do a little work. We go to an awesome dentist that he loves...He's actually excited to go on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete