Saturday, November 12, 2011

NINE MONTHS.



Man oh man, these pictures are getting hard to take! He is up, down, all around, and almost fell off the chair! Good thing I have a quick reflex while simultaneously holding a camera to my face. I think next month we'll have to move our set up to the floor!

Here's what's new at 9 months:

*Little man got his first haircut. I miss his baby soft hair.

* Pulling himself up on everything! He's even getting brave and going one handed once in awhile. Walking is just around the corner, I better gear up!

* Babbling all the time. He also likes to spit. What a boy, its funny how those things seem to be naturally embedded in him already. His babble of choice is 'dadadada'. We're working on 'mamamama'. Seriously, what's a girl gotta do to get her kid to say Mama first?

*Speaking of natural characteristics, my little man is drawn to all things mechanic. Play with a toy car? Nope. But flip it over and spin the wheels? Yep.

*Loves tractors, and large machinery that looks like tractors. When he sees them he gets all excited and the arms and legs start flapping!

*Has 6 teeth! Four on top and two on bottom.

*Beginning to eat table foods. Little man can chow down. Maybe this is why he's almost out of 9 month size clothes already? Yikes.

*Waves bye-bye. Ok, so he only did it the night my sister and her family were over for dinner, but he did it three different times for them. It's funny, like a whole arm flap up and down a few times, but definitely used it in the appropriate manner.

*Is starting to give kisses. The nice, drooly, open mouth kind. Yum.

I know there's more, but why is it that when I sit down to write these lists my mind seems to go blank? Oh well, I'll add to it if I think of more.

**Update as of 11/17/11**

Brother had his 9 month well-child visit today. Here are his new stats:

Weight: 18 pounds 1 ounce (7th percentile)
Length: 28 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
Head circumference: 17 1/2 inches (25th percentile)

Up until now, he and Nugget have followed similar growth patterns. However, he has now surpassed her as she only weighed 15 pounds at this age! Despite him being a little chunker to us, he is infact considered a long and lean baby!

1 comment: