Sunday, August 28, 2011

SNIPPETS.

I'm on a mad quest to play catch up with this blog. I've let it slide the past few weeks while I've focused on other things, mainly Nugget's birthday party (more to come on that soon). So, a short but sweet post, here's what we've been doing as of late.

Making bird feeders. I stole gathered these pine cones from a neighbors yard. They are huge and are just perfect for such a project.

Blowing homemade bubbles. I have fond memories of doing this with my Grandma Mary at her kitchen table. She had way better accessories than I, specifically a bubble pipe, but hey, it was a spur of the moment thing so we made do. After Nugget had a quick lesson in how to blow out through the straw rather than suck in (one wrong inhale is all it takes!), we embarked on some bubble blowing fun.

Nugget hosted a gathering of garden friends.

I made some beets into baby food. Brother enjoyed them, but man, what a disaster of a mess!

Houston, we have a snuggler.

Brother getting a little check up from Doctor Nugget. What a good little patient he is.

Nugget's new favorite morning ritual, snuggling up in Mommy and Daddy's bed and watching Dora. The mornings lately have been a bit chilly, so I can't blame her! Our bed is super cozy.

Nugget got this awesome cupcake from Grandma Sue. It was too pretty not to photograph.

Having some fun in Nugget's kitchen.

My happy little man.

And my pretty little princess. She proclaimed she was going to wear this ensemble to our neighbor's (not the ones I stole the pine cones from) wedding the next day, but I kindly told her that she couldn't trump the bride. Mama overruled on this one, and sister gracefully obliged.

Nugget and Daddy playing some games at our church festival.

The Slaviks and our newly married neighbors, the Dominiak's.

No comments:

Post a Comment