Sunday, June 16, 2013

CELEBRATIONS.

June is a busy month for us. My birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day all pile on top of each other in the same week. It was a double bonus this year when our anniversary and Father's Day landed on the SAME day.

So apparently my brain is totally scattered these days (or I'm really bad at math, which is actually true)....I thought Nick and I were celebrating seven years of marriage, when in reality, it's only six. Whoopsie. No wonder why that whole seven year itch thing didn't fit ;) We left all three kids with a sitter for the first time, and headed out for a night on the town. I wanted to stay close to home, in case Otto needed me (he's still working on taking a bottle), so we just grabbed some dinner at the Mexican joint in town, then headed to the local wine bar. We're easy to please, and we're just happy to get out of the house for a bit!



On our actual anniversary, which also happened to be Father's Day, we loaded up the fam for a hike at the Ney Nature Center. Just a short drive away, beautiful scenery, and an old farmstead to explore. A match made in Heaven.










And our celebrations came full circle when we lunched on the picnic Nick gifted me for my birthday.


So fun! Summer is off to an amazing start!

No comments:

Post a Comment