Thursday, December 12, 2013

Handmade Giving: Hand Stamped Dish Towels

I am so honored to have been included in my friend Alicia's Handmade Giving Series for the holidays. Lots of my real life friends have been asking me about it, so for archives sake, here's the post ;) You can also find Alicia here.

Hello! I am so excited to be a part of this Handmade Giving series! The holidays really amp up my need to create, and I have enjoyed popping over to Alicia's blog to get new ideas and inspiration. And now its my turn to contribute. What an honor!

This craft is simple and quick, which is exactly my style while tending to the needs of my three little ones. And not to mention, it makes the perfect little hostess gift, which comes in quite nicely this time of year.

So, hand stamped dish towels. Here's the deets:

First, gather these few simple supplies. You can find some fun stamps here.


Next, lay out your chosen word. I always space mine out like this first to make sure I don't run out of room and am happy with the spacing before committing to ink. (The blank spaces are for the duplicate letters.)


Get your stamps good and inked, checking them for any missed spots before pressing them onto the fabric. Once your word is complete, cover it with a spare dishtowel or scrap piece of fabric. Set your iron to the cotton setting, and iron over it. This will be sure to set the ink and prevent it from fading in the wash.


The flour sacks I purchased came as a pack of three, so I had fun playing around with this little phrase. You could gift them individually or as a set!


Tie them together with a little bakers twine, and raid your leftover craft supplies to add an embellishment or two.


And there you have it.  The sweetest little hostess gift for your next holiday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment