Monday, January 21, 2013

AN INSTAGRAM CHRISTMAS.

Dumped my phone photos today for the first time in oh, five months. What a lot of gems on there, ha! Since I'm apparently still stuck in Christmas mode, here are some from the jolly season.

Let the countdown begin. This hangs every year in Nugget's playroom. In year's past each mitten has always held a little treat or goody, but it kinda seemed like a waste and was quickly forgotten. This year I chose an activity for Nugs and I do to together each day, wrote it on a slip of paper and slipped one into each mitten. Waaay better idea. She loved to check her mitten each day, and it was a great way for me to remember to slow down and enjoy some time with her.

Dude loved Santa. From afar. I hope I always remember his sweet voice saying "Ho Ho Santa", while placing his hands on his cheeks where Santa wears his beard.


Malls are not my favorite. I prefer to order online any day. But alas, we couldn't escape it come Christmas time, and of course Nugget didn't leave empty handed.


The mall proved to be too much fun, and Dude fell asleep at our lunch outing.


Not my best work, but kid approved.


These shirts took me far too long to create, but so, so worth it. Even if they only did wear them for a month.


It's fun pulling out Mama's old teaching stuff.


I discovered my love for washi tape this holiday season.


Nugget and I went to a tree decorating class at our local ECFE. Special dates are lots of fun.


Hooray for a new tradition: new Christmas jammies and driving around looking at Christmas lights!
Someone was excited, can you tell?


Dude's glasses turn all the lights into little snowmen. For reals. And popcorn? Maybe not my best idea. Ended up all over the back of the van. Oh well. Memories were made.


We baked.

And spoiled our dinner.


It was sooo good to be home on Christmas Eve this year. We had time to do all the things we wanted. Including a special dinner for just our little family, sprinkling the lawn with reindeer food, and reading The Night Before Christmas.


Look! Santa was here!


Another new tradition: We (Nick and Nugget) baked Jesus a birthday cake. Tiramisu. It was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I love the change you made with the Christmas countdown! What a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus has good taste. Tiramisu rocks. :) glad you guys had a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete