Friday, November 1, 2013

NO TRICKS. JUST TREATS.

I might lose a few friends by admitting this, but Halloween really isn't my thing. I'm not sure why exactly, it's just not. I do the necessary requirements like carving pumpkins and trick-or-treating, but that's about it. Nugget desperately wants me to decorate our yard all spooky like, but it's just not in me. Heck, we don't even hand out candy (gasp!). Maybe next year.

Anywho, despite my lack of love for the holiday, the kids had ample opportunity to party it up. Starting with the ECFE party...

 Superman

 Princess Nugget

 Superbaby






Our teacher, Miss Britt
 
Then there was Nugget's classroom party at preschool. She got a last minute hand me down mermaid outfit from her cousin, so she decided to do a switcheroo. And I was on board cause it was WAY cute!
 


 
 
Although we painted pumpkins weeks ago, I totally dropped the ball on carving them. We seriously did it at 4pm ON Halloween. Whoopsie.
 


 
While we waited for Daddy to get home from work and go trick-or-treating, I tried to get a photo of the kids together. This normally stresses me out and makes me just about lose my mind, but this time they cooperated pretty well and were even a bit funny.
 





Our neighborhood is pretty lame as far as candy goes, so we hit up a more kid friendly neighborhood to fill up the loot bags. Nugget also got to complete her "homework" of trick-or-treating at her teacher's house, so she was pretty thrilled about that ;) We stayed out just long enough to get an ample supply of chocolate for Mom and Dad (Kidding. Sort of.) before heading to our friends, The Welcome's, for a short visit and special silver dollar coins for the kids.
 
So even though it's not my fav, it's still fun and I'm glad we do it all.
 
Then there's this. So...yeah...
 

 
No tricks. Just treats. Maybe.
 




1 comment:

  1. Not a big fan either. We walk around with the girls still and leave a huge container of candy. But no spooky. Hate spooky. Super cute pics girl.

    ReplyDelete